Sunday 9 February 2014

How To: Make Your Own No-Sew Tutu

I have been making a punk themed dress as textiles coursework, and the skirt is a tutu so I thought I'd show you how to make it. Its super quick and easy, and involves no sewing!

You will need:


  • 3/4 rolls of tulle fabric
  • A ribbon (for the waistband)
  • Scissors
  • A ruler



  1.  Cut the tulle into strips (twice as long as the final length you want). Fold them in half. Then lay the ribbon perpendicular over the folded piece so that just the fold of the tulle is coming out the top, and loop the bottom of the tulle strip through the fold. Pull it a bit tighter, and you should be left with a knot.
   2.  Repeat this with all the strips. 
   3.  Once you have finished, tie the ribbon into a bow at the ends, and voila! Your tutu is         finished!

I hope you enjoyed this tuturial (see what I did there), and if you have any questions please comment below!
Love, 
Pea One ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment